With over 70,000 Gators and not 1 to spare, the U Matter, We Care initiative serves as a recognizable umbrella for care related programs and resources for those in distress. The underlying philosophy of the U Matter, We Care initiative is that UF community members care about each other and proactively reach out to help when needed. U Matter, We Care extends UF’s caring culture by educating our community about signs and symptoms of distress and providing those in distress the appropriate resources.
About the U Matter Ambassadors
The U Matter Ambassadors (UMAs) are a group of student leaders who are dedicated to supporting their fellow Gators and to raising awareness about the U Matter, We Care initiative to other students across campus.
Expectations of U Matter Ambassadors
- Provide presentations to classes, student groups, and other student-centered organizations about the U Matter, We Care initiative.
- Represent the U Matter, We Care initiative at tabling and awareness-raising events on campus.
- Along with other UMAs, plan a campus-wide event aimed specifically at raising awareness about the U Matter, We Care initiative.
- Participate in at least three U Matter Ambassador related activities per semester.
- Attend meetings once to twice a month.
- Refer students to U Matter, We Care whenever necessary.
Requirements to be a U Matter Ambassador
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Be enrolled UF student.
- Commit to two consecutive semesters with the U Matter Ambassador program. Students returning for a second year of service will have opportunities for advanced leadership roles.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Be prepared to commit an average of two hours per week.
2018 Recruitment Theme: Uncover U.
Every experience an individual has gone through holds the opportunity to help shape them as a person. Every day we recognize our experiences, successes and even our failures, in order to be our greatest selves. What are the things that matter to you? Let's start off with the "Big Talk" and together we can Uncover all the things that make you, U!
Please note that the U Matter Ambassador application has closed.
Please check back in Spring 2019 for more information about becoming a U Matter Ambassador.