With over 70,000 Gators and not 1 to spare, the U Matter, We Care initiative serves as a recognizable umbrella for care related programs and resources for those in distress. The underlying philosophy of the U Matter, We Care initiative is that UF community members care about each other and proactively reach out to help when needed. U Matter, We Care extends UF’s caring culture by educating our community about signs and symptoms of distress and providing those in distress the appropriate resources.
About the U Matter Ambassadors
The U Matter Ambassadors (UMAs) are a group of student leaders who are dedicated to supporting their fellow Gators and to raising awareness about the U Matter, We Care initiative to other students across campus.
Expectations of U Matter Ambassadors
- Provide presentations to classes, student groups, and other student centered organizations about the U Matter, We Care initiative.
- Represent the U Matter, We Care initiative at tabling and awareness raising events on campus.
- Along with other UMAs, plan a campus-wide event aimed specifically at raising awareness about the U Matter, We Care initiative.
- Participate in at least three U Matter Ambassador related activities per semester.
- Attend meetings once to twice a month.
- Refer students to U Matter, We Care whenever necessary.
Requirements to be a U Matter Ambassador
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Be enrolled UF student.
- Commit to two consecutive semesters with the U Matter Ambassador program. Students returning for a second year of service will have opportunities for advanced leadership roles.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Be prepared to commit an average of two hours per week.